No further comments or it would transport a complete 2 x 2 x 18″ sound system: speakers, amp, pre-amp and filter in a 19″ cabinet, two turntables (Technics 1210 goes without a saying), 4-channel mixer (Pioneer 500 with out a doubt), incl. lighting, projector, screen, all cabling, personnel and duct tape.
A well-organized packing strategy was needed. The suspension would be suffering a tad though, but only once a month.
However, there’s a far worse case scenario (than stressing the suspension) and that would be if the ride happened to be stolen. Driven at high speed by someone under the influence listening to full-on-all-the-way euro-techno*, geared-up for the next break-in, across a round-about (apparently you could see the tire tracks quite clearly) and into an apartment building just below a balcony.
There’s nothing like a Saab on the road!**
That right there is the same make and model as the original (and only) Electronic Desert motorcar.
I visited the scrap-yard. And it was a sad, truly sad, and I mean a really, really sad, sad day.
– Is there something to be salvage from the wreck?
– No, there is nothing left of value.
– What is that?
– It is a bag of tricks to commit crime. Consisting of VERY large screwdrivers and a oversized cutter.
– It is all useless (the bag, its content including the entire car in its last state was left as it was found. It was a sad day.)?
– Yes, and this ride is broken. Honestly, I can’t even afford to scrap it.
– But, Is it not insured?
– Of course it is insured, however, the insurance will not even cover the cost of scrapping it even less so buying a similar one.
– I’m truly, truly sorry… It is a sad day.
I do not know this for a fact, but this model/make of car is/was apparently one of the easiest to steal. If that’s accurate it is a shame really because it is a truly great ride. It’s a SAAB!
This text is wholeheartedly and without question dedicated to the one and only; You Can Run But You Can’t Hide Jaques Lueder.
I’ve never seen a more tired man/human being than that day at the scrap-yard. Facing the actuality and accepting the destiny of a humble man, as a man, and head-on. In all its harshness and brutality, the reaction was also a thing of beauty. The life.
The definition of a: Vaa faaan…?*** moment. Why in the name of the good Lord did you have steal that car?
* An actual non-Swedish quote in reference to… Jaguar. No, obviously I’m not joking and it is true.
** It was the first sound that was heard as the ignition key was turned for the last time. The stereo’s sound control was set to max…
*** Rough translation: What the hell…?
I live in the North.
In the darkness… it is impossible to describe and it will affect you no matter what you think or your individual strength.
You need to experience it first-hand to believe it. It is the harshest climate in the World.
Even Helios, the sun itself disappears (it’s frightening!), the water from the sky and in the lakes turn to ice.
– Yes, I understand.
– You… know nothing John Snow!
Like my father used to say:
– The summer was nice, it passed. So…, why (in the name of *** almighty ****) did they stay?
I’ve been pondering that exact same question for quite a while now. Clock says 15:43? That would be GMT+1 or is it two?
Pictures? Natural light. No doctoring. Actually in reality is even darker – believe or not. That would be: 59.3293° N, 18.0686° E * – it is truly unbelievable.
* And the land stretches much, much further north. I’m not even situated at half distance from the end. I’m about a third the way. What they’re doing up there? I have not got the faintest idea. I can say this much don not mess with them. Sápmi, it’s their country.
– What’s the time? Is it 09:45 or 17:45?
– Well, it can’t be 17:45 because then it would be completely dark?
This is the (almost exact) location where I was born and have lived my entire life… Locus Desperatus as it where 2000 years ago, “- Being funny are we?”. The reference is: Latin, Latin.
Originally (to me) it has to do with an impossible text passage. If I’m not mistaken it is none other than the unsurpassed: Cicero quote, I’m not prepared to take poison regarding this particular quote though.
The reference is that of of an impossible place/location in an interpreted text. I’m applying to other realms.
The little black bear (that would be my bike) and I was in an altercation of sorts with a car none-the-less!
Passing the second car in question on the left-side mid a pedestrian crossing proved harder then anticipated and we got shuffled sideways as we were hit in the rear.
Our speed was more than sufficient to stay on course. I’ve never been hit before, but I can’t say for sure about the little black bear though.
However, no real harm was done – quite the opposite; actually it was rather amusing as we bounced of the front bumper of the sliver colored car accompanied by the sound of buckling plastic completely unhindered and on our way forward.
A << Now you see me, now you don't >> kind of scenario. As we cruised past/among the numerous buses, cars, pedestrians and other possible obstacles in a matter of seconds.
Musta Karhu is washed, bathed, clean and the chain is freshly lubed – however, there are no breaks left to speak of which is somewhat inconvenient, particularly when you do need to stop…
The credo was and still is: Ride hard, break hard and carry as much speed as possible.