No further comments or, it would transport a complete 2 x 2 x 18″ sound system: speakers, amp, pre-amp and filter in a 19″ cabinet, two turntables (Technics 1210 goes without a saying), 4-channel mixer (Pioneer 500 with out a doubt), incl. lighting, projector, screen, all cabling, personnel and duct tape.
A well-organized packing strategy was needed. The suspension would be suffering a tad though, but only once a month.
However, there is a far worse case scenario – that would be if the ride happened to be stolen and driven at high speed by someone under the influence listening to full-on all-the-way euro-rave*, geared-up for the next break-in, across a round-about (apparently you could see the tire tracks quite clearly) and into an apartment building just below a balcony.
There’s nothing like a Saab on the road!**
That right there is the original Electronic Desert automobile.
I visited the scrap-yard. And it was a sad, truly sad, and I mean a really, really sad day.
– Is there something to be salvage from the wreck?
– No, there is nothing left of value.
– What is that?
– It is a bag of tricks to commit crime. Consisting of VERY large screwdrivers and a oversized cutter.
– It is useless?
– Yes, and this ride is broken. Honestly, I can’t even afford to scrap it.
– But, Is it not insured?
– Of course it is insured, however, the insurance will not even cover the cost of scrapping it even less so buying a similar one.
– I’m truly, truly sorry…
I do not know this for a fact, but this model/make of car is/was apparently one of the easiest to steal. If that’s accurate it is a shame really because it is a truly great ride. It’s a SAAB!
This text is wholeheartedly and without question dedicated to the one and only; You Can Run But You Can’t Hide Jaques Lueder.
I’ve never seen a more tired man/human being than that day at the scrap-yard. Facing the actuality and accepting the destiny of a humble man, as a man, and head-on. In all its harshness and brutality, the reaction was also a thing of beauty. The life.
The definition of a: Vaa faaan…?*** moment. Why in the name of the good Lord did you have steal that car?
* An actual non-Swedish quote in reference to… Jaguar. No, obviously I’m not joking and it is true.
** It was the first sound that was heard as the ignition key was turned for the last time. The stereo’s sound control was set to max…
*** Rough translation: What the hell…?