Library Tape returns to Resonant after their debut album “Alone in the Bright Light of a Shattered Life”. The second full-length release is entitled “Feelings for Something Lost” and it features more lonely piano drenched in melancholy. It sets the mood for the rest of the 7-track mini-album and this is in both a good and a bad way. The piano’s solitude is used as a theme throughout all of the songs in combination with field recordings. As the last time around it works, but the feeling of repetition and a possible lack of ideas linger over “Feelings For Something Lost” as it did in “Alone in the Bright Light of a Shattered Life”. Nevertheless there’s still a beauty to Library Tapes’ music.
Posts Tagged ‘Feelings for Something Lost’
April 6th, 2007 No comments
- Dirge, Fountain EP [Autres Directions In Music - MOULIN005, 2004]
- Plakto, Soul’d Out [El-Ljud - ELJD013, 2010]
- Lusine ICL, Iron City [Hymen / Mad Monkey Records - ¥721/MMR08, 2002]
- Monoceros, When I Was A Child I Wanted To be An Astronaut [Expanding Records - ECD18:04, 2005]
- Ludvig Elblaus, Furious Styles [New Speak - NSPK005, 2004]